CORONAVIRUS/Taiwan reports 9,093 new COVID-19 cases, 39 deaths
Taipei, March 12 (CNA) Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported 9,093 new cases of COVID-19 and 39 deaths from the disease on Sunday.
Among the new infections, 8,869 were domestic, which represented a 12.1-percent drop from the same day a week earlier, according to the CECC.
The pandemic is declining stably in Taiwan, CECC spokesperson Lo Yi-chun (羅一鈞) said. He expected Taiwan to lift the facemask mandate for public transportation in mid-April, though he offered no other details on the plan.
To date, Taiwan has recorded 10,170,589 COVID-19 infections and 18,512 deaths from the disease since the pandemic began in early 2020.
The CECC announced on Feb. 23 that it would stop releasing more detailed daily information on new COVID-19 cases and deaths.
March 6: Mask-wearing persists despite lifting of Taiwan's on-campus mandate
March 4: Taiwan loosens COVID-19 control measures on international cruises
March 3: Taiwan to purchase more monkeypox vaccine doses: CDC
March 1: Taiwan records first two local monkeypox cases
Feb. 23: New COVID vaccination campaign planned in March, annual jab from 2024
Feb. 20: Taiwan to stop COVID-19 rapid test kits to overseas arrivals
March 11: Taiwan reports 8,618 new COVID-19 cases, 48 deaths
March 10: Taiwan reports 9,098 new COVID-19 cases, 54 deaths
March 9: Taiwan reports 9,584 new COVID-19 cases, 49 deaths
March 8: Taiwan reports 11,060 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths
March 7: Taiwan reports 11,038 new COVID-19 cases, 34 deaths
March 6: Taiwan reports 7,080 new COVID-19 cases, 45 deaths
March 5: Taiwan reports 10,307 new COVID-19 cases, 60 deaths
Latest COVID-19 rules
● Taiwan to loosen COVID-19 protocols for migrant worker entry
● Taiwan's eased indoor mask mandate takes effect Feb. 20
● COVID-19 testing for overseas arrivals dropped from Feb. 7 (2023)
● Revised protocol for hospital visits from Dec. 10
● Taiwan to stop paying COVID medical fees for certain foreign nationals
● Taiwan to remove weekly arrival cap on Dec. 10
● Taiwan cuts COVID isolation to 5 days, lifts workplace vaccine mandates (Nov. 14)
● Taiwan to further ease border rules for China, Hong Kong, Macau residents
- Taiwan aims to remove mask mandate on public transport by late AprilTaiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Thursday that it is looking to lift the facemask mandate on public transportation by mid to late April if the COVID-19 ...03/23/2023 10:33 PM
- Regular COVID-19 testing to stop at some residential care facilitiesTaiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Thursday that three types of residential care facilities will not have to administer regular rapid tests for COVID-19 ...03/23/2023 06:17 PM
- Taiwan reports 5,544 new COVID-19 cases, 28 deathsTaiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Monday reported 5,544 new cases of COVID-19 and 28 deaths from the disease.03/20/2023 05:12 PM
U.S. dollar closes higher on Taipei forex market03/25/2023 04:14 PM
Suspects in NT$5 million Taipei robbery detained03/25/2023 03:52 PM
Taiwan has tried its best to aid Honduras: MOFA03/25/2023 02:23 PM
January-February winning uniform invoice numbers released03/25/2023 01:21 PM
Taiwan headline news03/25/2023 12:04 PM