CORONAVIRUS/Taiwan's domestic COVID-19 cases drop to lowest in 207 days
Taipei, Nov. 21 (CNA) Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported 11,915 new COVID-19 infections, all but 27 of which were locally transmitted, and 41 deaths from the disease on Monday.
The number of new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases -- 11,888 -- was the lowest in 207 days, since Taiwan saw its daily number of confirmed domestic COVID-19 infections first top 10,000 on April 28 this year.
Meanwhile, the domestic infections reported on Monday also represented a 28.3-percent drop from a week earlier, according to the CECC.
The deceased ranged in age from their 50s to 90s, and all but two had underlying health issues, while 16 were unvaccinated against COVID-19, the CECC said.
Meanwhile, the CECC also reported 10 new cases classified as moderate and 27 as severe.
Regionally, New Taipei reported the highest number of new cases on Monday with 1,861, followed by Taichung with 1,582, and Kaohsiung with 1,520.
Taoyuan reported 1,407 cases, Tainan 1,121, Taipei 1,039, Changhua County 643, Pingtung County 395, Hsinchu County 362, Miaoli County 320, Hsinchu City 297, Yunlin County 276, Nantou 193, Yilan County 173 and Chiayi County 170.
Hualien County had 154 cases, Keelung 137, Chiayi City 99, Taitung County 66, Kinmen 34, Penghu 34 and the Matsu islands five, the CECC said.
To date, Taiwan has recorded 8,174,903 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began in early 2020, including 37,285 classified as imported.
With the 41 deaths reported on Monday, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 fatalities in the country rose to 13,991.
Latest COVID-19 rules
● Taiwan cuts COVID isolation to 5 days, lifts workplace vaccine mandates (Nov. 14)
● Taiwan to further ease border rules for China, Hong Kong, Macau residents
● People with fever will be advised against taking high speed trains
● Taiwan's new COVID-19 regulations taking effect Nov. 7
● Taiwan lifts ban on international cruises
● Taiwan's updated COVID-19 protocols for arriving travelers from Oct. 13
Nov. 20: Taiwan reports 16,236 new COVID-19 cases, 43 deaths
Nov. 19: Taiwan reports 16,571 new COVID-19 cases, 59 deaths
Nov. 18: Taiwan reports 18,003 new COVID-19 cases, 58 deaths
Nov. 17: Taiwan reports 20,127 new COVID-19 cases, 77 deaths
Nov. 16: Taiwan reports 22,692 new COVID-19 cases, 69 deaths
Nov. 15: Taiwan reports 18,558 new COVID-19 cases, 43 deaths
- COVID-19 data to be updated weekly: CECCAs new COVID-19 infections over the past month have shown a steady downward trajectory, from Thursday the COVID-19 dashboard will be updated weekly rather than daily, Taiwan's ...03/28/2023 05:45 PM
- CECC sees no rise in COVID-19 cases after case reporting endsIn the week after Taiwan stopped requiring people to report mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 infections and isolate themselves for five days, there was no sign of COVID-19 cases ...03/26/2023 10:26 PM
- Taiwan aims to remove mask mandate on public transport by late AprilTaiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Thursday that it is looking to lift the facemask mandate on public transportation by mid to late April if the COVID-19 ...03/23/2023 10:33 PM
Taiwan probing cases of 16 floating corpses found in March03/29/2023 10:55 PM
Young workers in Taiwan earn US$1,120 per month: MOL03/29/2023 09:35 PM
Terry Gou cautions against economic dependency on China03/29/2023 09:07 PM
China's state-run TV station censors Ma's ROC remarks03/29/2023 08:35 PM
Military faulted in accident leading to soldier's death03/29/2023 07:05 PM