CORONAVIRUS/Taiwan reports 22,937 new COVID-19 cases, 48 deaths
Taipei, Jan. 12 (CNA) Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported 22,937 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday, all but 284 were domestically transmitted, and 48 deaths from the disease.
The deceased reported Thursday ranged in age from their 20s to their 90s. All but four had underlying health issues, while 27 of them were unvaccinated against COVID-19, the CECC said.
Also on Thursday, the CECC reported 107 new cases classified as moderate and 48 as severe.
Regionally, New Taipei recorded the highest number of new cases, with 4,676, followed by Taichung with 2,917 and Kaohsiung with 2,707.
Taoyuan reported 2,520 new cases, Taipei 2,485, Tainan 1,797, Changhua 875, Hsinchu County 678, Miaoli 591, Hsinchu City 572, Pingtung 507 and Yunlin 423.
Keelung had 361 cases, Nantou 326, Yilan 323, Chiayi County 319, Chiayi City 181, Hualien 157, Taitung 97, Kinmen 88, Penghu 49 and the Matsu Islands four, the CECC said.
To date, Taiwan has recorded 9,146,104 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began in early 2020, including 44,178 classified as imported.
With the 48 deaths reported on Thursday, the number of confirmed COVID-19 fatalities in Taiwan rose to 15,702.
Jan. 12: COVID-19 home care consultations to focus on high-risk groups: CECC
Jan. 7: Limited Chinese ferry service kicks off Saturday in Kinmen
Jan. 5: About 20 percent of arrivals from China test positive for COVID: CECC
Jan. 3: Transit passengers from China to undergo tighter COVID controls
Jan. 2: 28% of travelers from China COVID-positive on first day of border testing
Jan. 1: President Tsai offers to help China curb COVID surge in New Year address
Jan. 11: Taiwan reports 25,643 new COVID-19 cases, 46 deaths
Jan. 10: Taiwan reports single day high of 560 imported COVID-19 cases
Jan. 9: Taiwan reports 17,318 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths
Jan. 8: Taiwan reports 23,411 new COVID-19 cases, 36 deaths
Jan. 7: Taiwan reports 24,422 new COVID-19 cases, 61 deaths
Jan. 6: Taiwan's total COVID-19 cases top 9 million
Jan. 5: Taiwan reports 31,514 new COVID-19 cases, 45 deaths
Latest COVID-19 rules
● Taiwan begins testing travelers from China for COVID-19
● Revised protocol for hospital visits from Dec. 10
● Taiwan to stop paying COVID medical fees for certain foreign nationals
● Taiwan to remove weekly arrival cap on Dec. 10
● Taiwan's eased mask mandate takes effect on Dec. 1
● Taiwan cuts COVID isolation to 5 days, lifts workplace vaccine mandates (Nov. 14)
● Taiwan to further ease border rules for China, Hong Kong, Macau residents
● Taiwan's new COVID-19 regulations taking effect Nov. 7
● Taiwan's updated COVID-19 protocols for arriving travelers from Oct. 13
- Taiwan records 675 new COVID-19 cases, 175 deaths over past weekTaiwan reported 675 new COVID-19 cases and 175 deaths from the disease from March 24 to March 30, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) Thursday.03/30/2023 06:42 PM
- COVID-19 data to be updated weekly: CECCAs new COVID-19 infections over the past month have shown a steady downward trajectory, from Thursday the COVID-19 dashboard will be updated weekly rather than daily, Taiwan's ...03/28/2023 05:45 PM
- CECC sees no rise in COVID-19 cases after case reporting endsIn the week after Taiwan stopped requiring people to report mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 infections and isolate themselves for five days, there was no sign of COVID-19 cases ...03/26/2023 10:26 PM
TSMC opens overseas operations office to supervise fabs in U.S., Japan04/01/2023 09:48 PM
Ex-President Ma mentions 'ROC' during ancestor worship in China (update)04/01/2023 09:29 PM
- Science & Tech
Taiwan needs generative AI different to ChatGPT: AI Labs founder04/01/2023 09:06 PM
Cathay Financial cuts Taiwan's 2023 GDP growth forecast to below 2%04/01/2023 08:52 PM
Taichung International ACG Expo kicks off04/01/2023 08:35 PM