CORONAVIRUS/Taiwan reports 12,060 new COVID-19 cases, 44 deaths
Taipei, Feb. 20 (CNA) Taiwan reported 12,060 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday and 44 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
The CECC said the deceased ranged in age from their 30s to their 90s. All but one of them had underlying health conditions, while 28 had not received at least three COVID-19 vaccine shots.
Also on Monday, the CECC reported 82 new COVID-19 cases classified as moderate and 44 as severe.
Regionally, New Taipei recorded the highest number of new cases, with 2,120, followed by Taoyuan with 1,593 and Kaohsiung with 1,428.
Taichung reported 1,331 cases, Tainan 1,037, Taipei 1,006, Changhua 578, Hsinchu County 379, Pingtung 316, Miaoli 307, Yunlin 247, Yilan 244, Hsinchu City 227, and Nantou 203.
Keelung had 187 cases, Chiayi County 186, Hualien 163, Chiayi City 102, Taitung 67, Penghu 44, Kinmen 40, and the Matsu Islands three.
To date, Taiwan has recorded 9,937,216 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began in early 2020, including 53,806 classified as imported.
With the 44 deaths reported Monday, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 fatalities in the country rose to 17,564.
● Taiwan's eased indoor mask mandate takes effect Feb. 20
Feb. 20: Taiwan to stop COVID-19 rapid test kits to overseas arrivals
Feb. 20: President Tsai responds to first day without indoor face mask mandate
Feb. 20: HK visitors eye eateries, night markets as independent travel reopens
Feb. 14: Taiwan to reopen to independent travel from HK, Macau from Feb. 20
Feb. 6: Taiwan begins phasing out Pfizer-BNT as first vaccine shot for minors
Feb. 2: Taiwan's ACIP head predicts regular COVID-19 vaccines won't be necessary
Jan. 18: Expert predicts new wave of COVID subvariants to come, peak in March
Feb. 19: Taiwan reports 15,877 new COVID-19 cases, 68 deaths
Feb. 18: Taiwan reports 15,094 new COVID-19 cases, 55 deaths
Feb. 17: Taiwan reports 15,440 new COVID-19 cases, 78 deaths
Feb. 16: Taiwan reports 16,747 new COVID-19 cases, 61 deaths
Feb. 15: Taiwan reports 19,861 new COVID-19 cases, 65 deaths
Feb. 14: Taiwan reports 20,511 new COVID-19 cases, 36 deaths
Feb. 13: Taiwan reports 12,657 new COVID-19 cases, 54 deaths
Latest COVID-19 rules
● COVID-19 testing for overseas arrivals dropped from Feb. 7 (2023)
● Revised protocol for hospital visits from Dec. 10
● Taiwan to stop paying COVID medical fees for certain foreign nationals
● Taiwan to remove weekly arrival cap on Dec. 10
● Taiwan cuts COVID isolation to 5 days, lifts workplace vaccine mandates (Nov. 14)
● Taiwan to further ease border rules for China, Hong Kong, Macau residents
- Serious COVID-19 cases up 30% as Taiwan enters 4th Omicron wave: CDCThe number of serious COVID-19 infections in Taiwan increased by about 30 percent last week, in the latest sign the country is entering a fourth wave of cases fueled by lineages ...05/23/2023 04:32 PM
- Taiwan to further ease mask rules at end of MaySome of Taiwan's last remaining mask rules, which require the wearing of masks in long-term care facilities and ambulances, are likely to be lifted on May 31, the Centers for ...05/16/2023 06:35 PM
- Updated Moderna booster shots available for young children starting May 16Children aged 6 months to 5 years who have already received two Moderna vaccine doses will be able to get a second-generation Moderna jab as a booster shot against COVID-19 ...05/12/2023 10:39 PM
Tuvalu's foreign minister to visit Taiwan05/30/2023 03:07 PM
Taiwan to recruit 40 envoys for summer program in St. Lucia: MOFA05/30/2023 03:04 PM
Lo Chia-ling medals again at World Taekwondo Championships05/30/2023 02:29 PM
Taiwan shares close down 0.08%05/30/2023 02:02 PM
Typhoon Mawar to bring heavy rain to northern, eastern Taiwan05/30/2023 01:54 PM